Decrate your planners, smile and be happy!


Sunday, March 15, 2015

Catching Up with My Papertrey Inked Moments Inked Planner and The Road To Planner Peace

I was intrigued when I heard that Papertrey Ink was coming up with a new planner. I resisted, then resisted some more, then finally gave in. The delay in shipping made me anxious enough to get two Filofaxes while waiting for the planner that was stuck in UPS limbo. I even threw in a kikki K in the mix, which is on its way from the land of Oz. Tuesday last week was a happy mail day for me. I got all three in the mail...my A5 Malden, a Personal Black Finsbury, and finally, my long-awaited Papertrey Ink planner. I took the Finsbury and the PTI planner to work with me, hoping to come up with the perfect fit. The PTI planner was too bulky. I tried to live with it, but I couldn't. Days later, I decided to debone it, and placed half of its innards in my A5 Malden. The Personal Finsbury in the meantime got slimmed down, and will serve as my wallet. I am sick and tired of friends asking me if I'm free on such and such day and I don't even know my own schedule! Don't get me wrong. I had cheapie planners, but turning the big 4-0 this year made me think that I needed to act more grown-up, appear dignified, and have a proper planner.

Here they are, the two siblings side by side. The A5 Malden will serve as my desk planner at home, and the Personal Finsbury will be my wallet.

I decided to make the Malden as a bit of a catch-all in terms of decorating it. The Finsbury will be my vintage planner. I will turn the Malden back into a vintage planner next year when I get 2016 inserts. Since this is my desktop planner, I was not too concerned about too much bulk. I added some Project Life cards which I staggered to add interest, a Kawaii post-it note and washi tapes. I altered a couple of large paperclips from Target to serve as my pageholders. I also tucked in a Heidi Swapp sticker in one of the pockets. The charm was made using a Tim Holtz swivel clasp. My friend Laurie sent me the danglers as a RAK. I will take a separate picture of that at a different post. I personalized the PTI laminated cover by adding more Heidi Swapp stickers to it and I closed up the open spine with a skinny washi tape from JoAnn's.


This planner has a lot of dashboards. I decorated the first one with Heidi Swapp stickers.
Okay, please bear with me as we browse through some pages. I tried to do some catching-up since I got this planner this March. The star sticker is Heidi Swapp. I also layered a Project Life card on an SEI paper.


I wanted a lot of color on my February dashboard. The pink background paper is Brushed, from Close To My Heart. I added another Project Life card on top of it and a sticker from K&Co as the month's sentiment. The quote page is embellished with stickers from the Dollar Spot at Target and Heidi Swapp.



I went with vintage Pooh for the month of February. The washi tape are from JoAnn's and the arrows and heart stickers are from Close To My Heart.



So there it goes...I think I learned my lesson not to buy a planner when the year had already started. lol! Who knows, I might do the same thing again next year. The next post will be all about my March set-up for my Malden. Do watch out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment